EB-5 Visa Requirements
Basic EB-5 Visa investor requirements for all options
- . The investor should invest at least $1,000,000 or $500,000 in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA).
- . The investment should create at least 10 full time jobs for authorized US workers directly or indirectly. This does not include you, your spouse, your sons or daughters.
- . The investor should be an “accredited investor”. To be an accredited investor, the investor should have assets worth at least $1,000,000 (excluding his primary residence) or have an income of at least $200,000 per year for the last two years. The $500,000 being invested can be counted within the total assets.
- . The investor must be involved in the daily management and policy formulation of the business.
Types of EB-5 Investment Options
New Commercial Business
- . All basic requirements mentioned above apply
- . The business should be in existence for at least 2 years
- . The business should have incurred the net loss in the 12-24 months period before you file your I-526 Form. The loss should be at least 20% of the business’s net worth before the loss.
- The job numbers must be maintained the same as before investment level for at least 2 years.
- . Basic requirements apply
Regional Center Program
- . All basic requirements apply
About 90% of EB-5 Visa applications use the Regional Center option. Regional Centers are USCIS authorized economic units that provide investment opportunities in accordance to the requirements of USCIS in various business sectors.